Sunday, September 24, 2006

Week 3


I played in a basketball tournament this week-end. We played four games in one day, against some very good competition. We beat a junior college team in the first round and then lost by four to a team out of Memphis. We won our next game and then played a very good team later that night that beat us by ten. I was completely exhausted, my body ached and this morning when I woke up, I hurt even worse. But today, I couldn't wait to wake up because it was Sunday. I wish I could say that I couldn't wait to go to church, but that wouldn't be the complete truth. I was excited because the Packers played the Lions and usually a quick remedy for a slow start is a trip to Detroit. Well, the Packers didn't disappoint. On the first drive, the Pack went three and out on two dropped passes by their best receiver. On the second drive, though, Greg Jennings made a 15 yard out route a little something more and turned it into a 75 yard touchdown pass...and not just any td pass...number 400 in the career of Brett Favre. He joined Marino as the only other player in NFL history to reach 400 td passes. He's now only 18 behind Dan for the all-time record.

The Lions kept the game close and even had a chance to tie it on their final drive after Ahman Green fumbled while trying to run out the clock. Favre threw three more td passes today and no interceptions. Granted, the Detroit defense is nothing close to good, but it was still good to see Brett have a great day. I came home after the game and watched our old coach, Mike Holmgren completely dismantle the Giants as the commentators mentioned Favre's milestone on every NFL related channel. This is when football is fun. And every now and then, you get a little hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home