Monday, November 13, 2006

Two Months


We had our first baby shower yesterday...well, it wasn't really our baby shower. Luckily, guys don't have to go that stuff. Apparently, we received 63 gifts including cool stuff like diapers, a stroller, and something like a reverse backpack that you can carry your child in like a kangaroo. Very nice.

Davina has signed us up for some birthing classes. I hear that you have to watch a live birth...not in person, obviously, but on video. The worst part about these classes is that they're on two different Saturdays from 9-3....right in the thick of college football season.

All of Davina's family is coming to stay at our house for Thanksgiving. She has two brothers and they have five kids between them ages 6-10. Happy times.

I know this is all sort of random, but that's been the way my brain has been functioning lately. January 27 (Davina's due date) seems like it's pulling us closer every day...which I guess it is. It's hard to believe that in two months, it won't be just us anymore. There will be someone else that depends on us for everything. And it'll be like that for the next few years. But I'm not scared or nervous. I'm actually pretty confident in my ability as a parent. This all may change five minutes after the birth, but two months out, I'm feeling pretty sure of myself.

If I can remind myself, I hope to update this more and more as the date gets closer. T minus 74 days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Have you picked out a name?

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home