Sunday, December 31, 2006

The man of the hour has taken his final bow



It's a Pearl Jam song tonight (the title of my post). I'm not nearly as embarassed about this one.

It's 1:26 in the morning on the first day of 2007. Ten years ago tonight, my car was stuck in a field and I was hoping my dad wouldn't find out how it got there. The Packers were three weeks away from winning the Super Bowl and Brett Favre had just won his second MVP.

Tonight it's a little different. New Year's Eve was good. Chad and Jada and Davina and I went to eat dinner at a nice resturant. I recorded the Packers' game at home and after we ate we went to a friends' house where we drank and sang kareoke. They had the game on at their house and I watched the end of it over there. I watched as Favre was taken out of the game with under two minutes to go and Donald Driver carried him off the field. I watched the post game interview where Favre teared up and talked about how much the game meant to him. I went home and watched it two more times. I watched the pre-game show and the interview with John Madden and I am starting to understand that this is it. He has done everything but say it. Brett Favre is done. He is leaving.

"The man of the hour has taken his final bow, as the curtains come down, I guess that it's just goodbye for now."




1 Comments:

Blogger the butler said...

yo bro, nice work. i'm going to go ahead and vote that Favre should either take the place of Boomer E. or Marino. They both suck. Favre would immediately hold more credibility in my eyes than the two of them combined. Pretty sure he could kick both their asses at the same time as well.

check out our crappy blog sometime @ www.milehighramblings.blogspot.com

mostly about sports.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home