Monday, June 04, 2007

A Few Favorites

I've been meaning to post about some of the stuff I've been into lately, but I just haven't had time. I'm making some time now. First things first: "The Office" is the best show on television, hands down. Actually, since I only watch two ("Lost" is the other one) I guess I don't have a lot to go on. But I'd be willing to bet that "The Office" is the best show on television. Now that that's out of the way...let's move on. If I was leaving tomorrow and couldn't carry my ipod and only could carry five books and five cd's (and a cd player, of course, with unlimited batteries) here are the ones I would carry (in order from best to not best):

Books: "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald, "A Widow for One Year" by John Irving, "The Hotel New Hampshire" by John Irving, "Joe Dimaggio: A Hero's Life" by Richard Ben Cramer, "Forever" by Pete Hamil.

Albums: "Cold Roses" by Ryan Adams, "Across A Wire: Double Live Album" by Counting Crows, "The River" by Bruce Springsteen, "DwightYoakamacoustic.net" by Dwight Yoakam, "9 Crimes" by Damien Rice.

Some movies I've seen recently (within the last four months): Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Stranger Than Fiction, Garden State, The Illusionist, Down in the Valley, The Proposition, Winter Passing, Fracture, Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, The Great Gatsby, Ghost Rider (terrible)

You should check out a singer named Brandi Carlile...just bought her cd "The Story"...good stuff. Also, Ryan Adams has a new one coming out at the end of the month that everyone is saying is his best yet. Anyway, sorry this is so random. I'll try and get some pics up soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home