Thursday, January 25, 2007

Words

Here's the thing I don't understand: I can write about my dogs, the softball team I used to coach, Brett Favre (like, twelve times), the state of politics/evangelical culture, and other things that are not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. For the life of me, though, I cannot find the words to say about being a new father.

Jordan was born on January 22 at 6:45 pm. She weighed 9 lbs. My wife was awesome during the delivery. I tried to be awesome with her, but I had it easy. We brought her home yesterday and had our first night with her at home last night. She had her first bath about an hour ago and is now asleep. My head feels like it's swimming in emptiness.

I wish I could communicate with you (whoever reads this blog) about how I feel, but I can't find the words to tie all of it together. Sometimes you don't need the words, though. I think maybe words might get in the way of this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger the butler said...

Yahoooooo! Father Gabriel. Seems like yesterday we were knocking on Jose Canseco's hotel room door asking for an autograph. And wasn't it not too long ago that we filmed ourselves in your driveway...Were you the three-man, Ben was the dunk master, and I was the dribbling something-or-another?

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home